While in a mental mush pot during a studio day I took a break to clean in my studio and see what ephemera I ended up keep during the last move. Found this little gem while scrounging for ephemera to use in my most recent painting.
What an unexpected treat. I had forgotten that there was anything hidden in this book.
I have altered many books starting from an early age of 3 or 4 (that time when scissors become a powerful tool for a child). I have done some cool stuff and some sloppy crap in books, but I very rarely "complete" an altered book. Perhaps because I don't think of the book as single object once I start adding to and dissecting it.
I feel this piece is successful because it is simple and it feels complete, whole.
"Linguistics" will teach me a thing or two as I spend more time with it.